Here at brickslips.co.uk we take our products very seriously and we like to make sure that all of our brick slips remain the perfect product that we supplied way back when first purchased.
Cleaning Brick Slips in the right way is no longer an industry secret.
Due to the surface texture, central heating and obvious foot traffic and furnishings interior brick slip walls can get dirty over time, as the surface is more porous. Dust, soot and other debris may gather on brick wall surfaces – the great News is cleaning is easy and trouble free. This method has been used for many years and dates back to the times of removing soot from Victorian bricks and fireplace bricks.
You will need for cleaning brick slips
- Vaccum Cleaner
- Wire brush
- Sponge/ cloth or rag
- Salt (Table salt)
- Mild detergent or Washing up Liquid
1. Make sure the wall has been vacuumed and dusted, this will remove and loose dust and debris that may have collected on the surface.
2. Mix the detergent 1 part mild detergent or washing up liquid and 1 part table salt. Mix with water, making sure you form a consistent malleable paste.
3. Apply the cleaning Solution using a sponge or cloth, apply the paste of cleaning solution you have pre made on to the brick slips. Scrub the wall with a wire brush and allow the solution to settle in for 15 minutes.
4. Finally wipe off the cleaning solution using a lightly wet sponge or a cloth. Making sure you rinse the sponge or the cloth on a regular basis in a bucket of lukewarm water. Check that you have removed the cleaning solution entirely. If you notice any remaining cleaning solution on the wall when it is already dry, use a scrubbing brush or a cloth to rinse the area.
Things to note
If you are cleaning painted white brick slips walls or painted bricks then please follow the paint manufacturers instructions for cleaning the surface as the paint may run
Additional brick slip cleaning information.
It is always worth looking at sealing your brick slips especially if the wall is situated near an area where it may get splashed and over soiled like a kitchen. We offer two great sealants on our website www.brickslips.co.uk our matt sealant will seal and protect with little change to the colour or surface of the wall. Our gloss sealant will give a wet sheen to your wall and enhance the colour with every coat that you apply.