Need help installing?
Check out our essential guide centre
Be a DIY Hero
- Are you looking to revamp your home?
- Are you a DIY Enthusiast?
- Did you know that brick slip installation is both easy
Brickslips.co.uk is here to help
We appreciate any DIY task can seem daunting at first glance, but our brick slips are super fun and easy to install and can make a great feature in any home.
Being creative in your own home is highly rewarding and as you can see from our Instagram page and our case studies a great many people install our products themselves without any need for external tradesmen or builders.
Looks like a brick, installs like a tile
Our products look like bricks, they are made and cut from bricks but that is where the similarities end. Installing brick slips yourself can be highly rewarding and allows you full creative authority.
Take a look at our simple installation process
1. Surface Preparation & Marking Out
Mix the adhesive as per the instructions.
Using a notched adhesive spreader apply an even and consistent layer to an area you can cover quickly.
We recommend covering 1-2m2 with the adhesive at a time to give sufficient time to install the brick slips.
3. Fit BrickSlips
4. Pointing the Joints
Once the brick slip wall has been completed you can begin the pointing.
Mix the gun injectable mortar as per the instructions and load it into the gun injector.
Squeeze the mortar into the joints. Once the mortar has started to set strike the joints off with a jointer to achieve the finished look.
5. Finish & Seal
Look at some of our customers in action
Knowledge and help from us
If you are still unsure then we have a full and comprehensive help and advice section which is full of lots of detailed information to help you along the way.
Many of our staff have been with brickslips.co.uk for a great many years and are DIY enthusiasts themselves. If you’re doing a particular job and need some advice on installation simply ask.
- Why is texture important in interior design?
- How to clean a mortar pointing gun?
- What are glazed brick slips?
- Can you brick slip match?
- Do you offer a brick cutting service?
- Can you supply a bespoke brick slip blend?
- Why use brick slips and not bricks?
- Do I have to use a brick slip tracking system?
- Can brick slips be used internally?
- How much mortar do I need?
- Brick Slips Help - How can we help you!
- Brick Slips Special : Kitchen Inspiration
- 10 Reasons Why we love Reclaimed Brick Slips
- Keeping it clean, Great Bathroom Inspiration
- Choose a Brick Slip Feature Wall
- Victorian House, Victorian Bricks, Victorian Slips
- Atom and Silver : Grey bricks special!
- Ask Andy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Elite January Lockdown Offer! Grab it Now
- Brick Feature walls, a growing trend !
Still unsure? Speak to our experts!
All our technical staff are fully qualified. We are here to offer expert advice on any issues you may have.
Help & Advice Disclaimer
The information which is summarised in this article does not constitute professional advice and is meant for general guidance only. It does not take into account your projects specific circumstances and should not be acted on without you seeking full clarification from your Architect, building controller or project engineer. Whilst we have tried to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the contents of this website, Kayser (UK) Limited cannot offer any undertaking or guarantee, either expressly or implicitly, including liability towards third parties, regarding how correct, complete or up to date the contents of this website are.
We reserve the right to supplement this website at any time or to change or delete any information contained or views expressed on this website. Kayser (UK) Limited accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising out of the use of this website or reliance on the content of the website.