Our go to blog article when deciding whether you want to use brick slips for bathroom walls.
You can admit it! Often the bathroom can seem neglected and underwhelming. Most of us think that white porcelain tiles and fixtures are the only way you can go.
By using brick slips for bathroom walls you can create a luxurious bathroom which would meet all the design requirements.
With the growing trend for spa days and luxurious retreats we have become accustomed to warm and relaxing bathing areas.
The modern bathroom now needs to leave you feeling totally indulged and fully relaxed.
How can brick slips help?
Brick slips help to break the plain and sometimes clinical approach most bathrooms tend to have.
Due to the texture and colour of brick work it helps to add warmth and character, and sets a contrast that is unparalleled.
Here are some top tips if you are planning to use brick slips in your bathroom:
- Plan ahead – Don’t let your Tiler or contractor start work until you have decided on what products you are using, what wall they are going on and what look you are wanting to achieve.You can order samples from us and create a colour chart or texture board. These are all things that any major designer would do prior to committing to any work.
- Location – Used on the right wall brick slips can really open up a bathroom, pay attention to mirrors and where they are to be located. If you place a mirror opposite a brick slip wall you will double the exposure of that wall through line of site.
- Give Heat some thought – Positioning a radiator or towel rail near to a brick slip wall will help to keep the clay dry and will also help the room warm up more quickly due to the conductivity and heat retention.
- Seal your slips – It is highly advised you seal your brick slips using either a matt or gloss sealant. A bathroom is a naturally damp and wet environment and sealing helps protect. By sealing the brick slips you are making the surface of the brick slip hydrophobic allowing the water to bead from the clay.
- Wise choice of texture – Some brick slips are heavily textured and some are much lighting in texture. We would always advise against choosing a rough surfaced brick slip. The reason behind this is actually to save any embarrassing scratches and grazes on certain parts of the human anatomy. Yes it is true, bare skin freshly showered can be prone to grazing against rough surfaces.
Be inspired by brick slips for bathrooms.
Inspiration Inspiration Inspiration is key!!!!
Be inspired. If you are thinking of installing brick slips in your bathroom then we hope we have helped you in your decision.
For further information of help please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org